- Fast delivery of concrete
- We deliver same day / next day
- Precise time slots
Permeable concrete, or no-fines concrete as it’s often called, is a versatile type of concrete that’s characterised by its minimal use of aggregates. Specifically, it contains only coarse aggregates and no fine aggregates, meaning that the concrete itself is much less dense and more permeable. In order to keep its strength high, permeable concrete is bolstered by a thin layer of cement paste that binds the coarse aggregates together.
Here are some of the key benefits of no-fines concrete for your project:
- Affordability: Given that permeable concrete contains a lower number of aggregates, it tends to be more affordable than other kinds of concrete.
- Longevity: Despite its lack of fine aggregates, permeable concrete remains strong due to its reduced shrinkage and malleable nature.
- Reduced environmental impact: The lack of fine aggregates used in the mix results in a lower environmental impact, as it reduces the need for a number of natural resources.
- Low density: Thanks to its lower density, permeable concrete is easier to handle on site and reduces labour requirements for foundations.
- Insulative properties: The permeable nature of this type of concrete also makes it highly insulative, giving it a better thermal rating and making it popular for external walls for homes and commercial spaces.